Such common male diseases as prostatitis and adenoma, with insufficient treatment or lack thereof, often lead to dangerous consequences, including cancer and infertility. That is why a man should consult a doctor at the first symptoms. Only a specialist can choose an effective remedy for adenoma and prostatitis. Treatment of prostate diseases with folk remedies is permissible only at the initial stages of a mild form, provided that there are no complications. If the prostatitis or adenoma becomes complicated, severe or chronic, then effective treatment is carried out only with drugs.
When is drug treatment of the prostate indicated?
There are several ways to treat prostate pathologies. The best treatment of prostate adenoma and various forms of prostatitis can only be selected by a doctor, taking into account the causes of the disease, the form, the severity of the disease and the age of the patient.
Before choosing the best remedy for prostate adenoma, the doctor must rule out the need for surgical treatment of the pathology. Drug therapy is indicated if all of the following points are answered positively:
- ruled out the possibility of prostate cancer;
- the patient has no direct indications for surgical treatment of the disease;
- no protrusion of the adenoma into the ureteral cavity;
- It must be considered how important it is for the patient to maintain sexual function and whether it will be maintained at the time of his treatment.
- the man does not take other medications for other diseases (reduce blood clotting, diuretics, etc. ).
Before treating the pathology and choosing the most effective drug for prostate adenoma, the doctor should conduct the following studies:
- Evaluate the volume of residual urine and the volume of the prostate on the ultrasound.
- perform uroflometry;
- Using a symptom scale, rate the severity of symptoms bothering the patient (difficulty voiding urea or accumulation of urine);
- It is important to clarify the list of comorbidities (stroke, heart attack and diabetes).
Some men prefer folk remedies in the treatment of prostate adenoma, but they do not always give the desired effect. Really good natural or synthetic medicine will help you choose a doctor when a man turns to him with ailments.
In the treatment of adenoma and prostatitis, as a rule, a whole range of drugs with different effects is used:
- If the pathology has arisen against the background of an infectious lesion, then antibiotics are prescribed. These drugs destroy the pathogenic microorganisms that provoked the disease. With prostate pathologies of infectious origin, antibacterial agents from the following groups are usually prescribed:
- Alpha-blockers are prescribed to relax the smooth muscles of the organ and facilitate the outflow of urine.
- Antispasmodics and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs stop inflammation, reduce the tone of the perineum and muscles of the organ.
- Hormone therapy is done to reduce swelling and inflammation and normalize urination.
- Herbal medicines have a complex effect (reduce inflammation and swelling, relieve pain, normalize the functioning of the organ, protect against complications).